Exmark unveiled the newest addition to their zero-turn riding mower collection last year at GIE+EXPO 2016. When creating these mowers, they used feedback from lawn care professionals and their extensive experience in the lawn equipment industry to create what Exmark is calling “the next great zero-turn.”
These mowers deliver the high level of performance landscape professionals have a right to expect. Durability, cut quality, operator comfort, and superior control all come together in a professional grade lawnmower. The Radius mowers are available in E-Series, S-Series, and X-Series.
Because of Exmark's commitment to simplifying maintenance, there are only four grease points on the entire mower. The deck design lets you access belts without tools and an oil drain hose in the engine enables quick, clean oil changes. In addition, an integrated jack receiver makes it easier to access the underside of the deck for cleaning and blade sharpening or replacement.
The three series also feature a strong frame, large ties, and other features designed for comfort and safety:
- The heavy-duty unibody frame is formed from fully welded 2-inch by 3-inch rectangular steel frame tubes.
- Frame design places engine, fuel tank, and hydrodrive system low to the ground. This provides a low center of gravity and improves traction and maneuverability.
- Large front caster tiles and rear drive tires offer increased traction, ground clearance, and stability while reducing turf compaction.
- High back-seats with armrests and an integrated safety switch ensure comfort and safety.
- A quick adjustable Rollover Protection System (ROPS) protects the operator from accidents.
Radius mower design eliminates deck sway by isolating deck struts, as Exmark did in their Lazer Z-style mowers. This design reduces noise and how much vibration the operator feels. The different series offer different deck options:
- E-Series mowers use Exmark's 5-inch deep UltraCut Series 3 cutting deck. It is a side-discharge deck available in 48-, 52-, or 60-inch cutting widths
- S-Series mowers are available with the same deck as the E-Series. You can also choose a 5.5-inch deep Ultra Cut Rear Discharge cutting deck with 60-inch cutting width.
- X-Series models provide greater cutting capacity with a 5.5-inch deep UltraCut Series 4 deck. It is a side-discharge deck available in 48-, 52-, or 60-inch cutting widths
Other than the cutting decks, the biggest differences between the three series are found in the comfort features and maximum speed.
- E-Series seat has a foam padded seat cushion. These mowers offer forward speeds up to 8 mph.
- S-series models have foam padded seats with an adjustable Seat Isolation System. These models offer forward speeds up to 9 mph.
- X-series feature a deluxe full-suspension seat that you can easily adjust to fit the operator's weight and ride preference. These models offer forward speeds up to 10 mph.
If you're in the market for a new professional grade mower, consider going with a model from Exmark's Radius series. We're an Exmark Turf Star Dealer, and that makes us a top choice for providing service, parts, repairs, and quality advice on Exmark equipment. Our technicians have the highest qualifications offered by Exmark and we'll be happy to answer your questions about the different mowers if you stop in at our location in Richardson, Texas.